All of the sudden this struck me today when I was in the temple. :), we are constantly in a fear that we might loose things in our life. All the gross things we have accumulated in our lives are not actually ours or probably are not there in the existence. The money, the wealth, the position we hold, the achievements, the success etc. Naturally the respect, the pride, the recognition we get out of these are also not ours. So what is real? or What is ours? The self, the way we carry ourselves even if we become a beggar, the dignity and grace we hold even if everything around us go wrong, the balance we have within ourselves, the devotion we have for the highest we seek like Bharathiyar asked goddess to give him the heart to chant her name even if his flesh got burnt.
All the other things we hold right now, will definitely fly away one day. I see we just go from one thing to another or one person to another person in order to overcome this fear.
Now I understand one point that keeps coming again and again in Thirukkural. "The greatest is the one who shows no change in him/her in spite of the circumstances going wrong".
ரட்சகன் 2
1 day ago
5 comments:
//the self, the way we carry ourselves even if we become a beggar..//
:-)) you are about to explode into the limitless space - fasten your seat belt ...
In among the perception you received else before the dyanalingam temple as you have stated in earlier blogs..this one appears much authentic, much related & closest with reality & existence!
Why the hell does every one keep thinking this in the temple?
Hey Raji, so finally, I'm putting a comment on your blog ;) Yes, what you say is so true, the challenge though, is keeping awareness of this moment to moment. it's much easier in the temple or in certain moments to have this in mind, but when the shit hits the fan...
of course, you and I, we're blessed with many such "shit-hitting-the-fan" opportunities. hope we can both make the most of them.
Welcome tomy Blog Diane. This is your first comment and I think a timely one. thanks again for visiting this page.
Post a Comment